Friday, September 4, 2015

Favorite Fall Lippies!

       

       This post is all about my top five favorite fall lippies BUT it is also my very first collaboration with a fellow beauty blogger! How exciting?!?! Katy, creator of Skin Stuff by Katy, will also be posting her favorite lip colors of the season. She has an amazing blog and if you love makeup and beauty as much as me, you should absolutely go check her out. Her content is absolutely amazing!
       When I think of fall, I think bold, rich colors. I'd personally take a bold lip over a bold eye any day. Most of the shades below are more rich in color, but there are two more subtle shades. In the pictures below, I did not use any lipliners or primers. What you see is the lipstick alone. Let's jump into it!


 London by NYX

This is considered a soft matte lip cream rather than a lipstick, but it gives all the coverage and pigment you would hope for in a lipstick. This is a beautiful warm brown color. As the name suggests, it applies creamy with a matte finish. It  smells like cake batter and is cruelty free. What more could you ask for?

 Twig by M.A.C

This is a beautiful dusty rose color. I find this to be the most natural looking of all these shades. This is a satin finish which means it's not completely matte but not overly glossy either. The formula is very creamy and never dries out my lips. Super comfortable to wear.
 Rhubarb by Bite Beauty

If you are looking for a great berry color for the fall then look no further! This is a beautiful cool toned berry color. The formula is very creamy and I would consider it a satin finish. Bite Beauty is an absolutely amazing brand and their ingredients are top notch. They use food grade ingredients meaning you can literally eat their products and not get sick.
 Rivoli by Chanel

This is a gorgeous berry red color. The formula is a "Rouge Coco" meaning it has a very glossy finish. One of the things I love about this is that it is super moisturizing. Overall this is a very comfortable, lightweight lipstick. The packaging is also to-die-for! If you are looking for a little splurge, you can't go wrong with Chanel.
 Viva Glam III by M.A.C

I am a big fan of M.A.C when it comes to lip products. Every lipstick of theirs that I own has been comfortable to wear and has amazing staying power. This shade in particular is a matte, dark brownish red. Beautiful, bold color! When I go use a darker color, I prefer to start off by lining my lips. My go-to liner for this lipstick is Absolutely It by M.A.C.


* BONUS LIPPIE *
Motorhead by Kat Von D

The darker the lipstick the better! This certainly isn't everyones cup-of-tea, but if you are looking for a super vampy dark lipstick, look no more! This is an extremely dark purple, matte lipstick. This will stain your lips and last for hours. This is the lipstick that I get the most compliments on. Since this is such a dark shade, I always pair it with a lipliner. My go-to liner for this lipstick is Vino by M.A.C. I'd recommend putting on a small amount of Chapstick before applying the liner. The formula is on the drier side. You will certainly be able to feel it on your lips, but if you are accustom to wearing lipstick, it shouldn't even phase you. 


I hope you have all enjoyed this post and are as excited for fall as I am. Be sure to check out Katy's page and show her some love! Until next time.

XOXO
Steph

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...