Friday, July 22, 2011

Favorite Lipsticks-- Nudes, Pinks, and Reds! Oh My!

I just started wearing lipstick about a year ago mainly because I couldn’t find a color that looked good on me. I find that the colored stickers on the bottom of the tubes aren’t an accurate representation of the lipsticks true pigmentation. However, when I started watching makeup videos on YouTube I kept hearing a few shades repeated constantly and decided to once again try my luck. I have now found several that I love and I figured I would pass along my findings.  
Nudes:
-Revlon in “Soft Nude” (colorburst): This is a super creamy and moisturizing lipstick. What I like about this color is that it is a more pink nude than a true nude so it’s not as harsh of a look.
-Revlon in “Just Enough Buff” (crème): This is my favorite nude lipstick and I’ve just about finished it. My skin has olive undertones and this color is so flattering with my coloring. This is more coral nude color.
-NYX in “Circe” (round lipstick): Holy pigmentation! This lipstick is so creamy and opaque you won’t believe it. This is a true nude so use with a LIGHT hand otherwise you’ll look like you don’t have any lips.


Pinks:
-Revlon in “Primrose” (crème): This is a darker more natural looking pink. There is a little bit of a burgundy undertone so it makes you teeth look nice and white.
-Revlon in “Pink Pout” (matte): This is a gorgeous dusty pink color with a mauve undertone. This is a very classic and universal color.
-Revlon in “Sky Pink” (matte): This is my Barbie pink. It’s not hot pink but it’s definitely a very bright look. I typically use this to emphasize my lips when I have very natural eye makeup on.


Reds:
-Revlon in “Temptress” (crème): This is such a tricky color to describe. It’s almost like a pale bright pinkish red. In certain light it could pass as pink and others it would be considered red. This is nice for those who want to try a red lip but are a little timid yet. 
-Bare Escentuals in “Escentual Rose” (quick stick): This is a really wonderful color for fall. It is more intense than the previous color but it is cool toned rather than warm toned. I find that cool toned lipsticks look that best with my olive/yellow undertones.
-Revlon in “Mauve it Over” (matte): I just picked this up this week but it is my perfect color! I have very pigmented lips but I was still looking for something really close to my natural color. This is a brownish red color but looks so natural on the lips.


As you can tell I do prefer drugstore lipstick. I find that many of the high end lipsticks are just to drying. I really love Revlon and although I do not own any Rimmel or Maybelline lipsticks I have heard good things about them. I hope this has been helpful for those looking for some good colors.

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...