Thursday, July 21, 2011

Japanese Velcro Hair Bows--The Hot New “IT” Item

Several months ago I had ordered a product from a Japanese owned company and when I got the package there were these strange teal Velcro squares included in the package. Since I couldn’t understand what was written on the packaging I decided to hold onto them hoping that maybe I could find a use for them down the line. Low and behold, within the past month or so these Japanese hair bows have really runaway with this summer’s title of must have hair accessory. Several well-known beauty gurus on YouTube have been sporting this new trend so I actually got to see how to use them. Ok so these hair bows are nothing more than a glamed up piece of Velcro but their use is actually pretty genius. Instead of using a headband or wrap to pull your hair back while you either do your makeup or take out your contacts, you just use the Velcro as a clipless barrette to hold your bangs back. Since there is no clip or any pulling at your hair you don’t get those stupid looking dents or weird cowlicks that headbands, wraps, and barrettes can leave in warm hair. I personally blow dry and straighten my hair before I do my makeup so using a headband to sweep my hair out of the way while I apply my makeup gives my hair time to cool in the position I have it in. Since I do have two silly looking cowlicks smack-dab on both sides of my part I really try not to create any new ones by accident. These hair bows have become a lot fancier since I receive mine but they are still a little tricky to find. You can however order them off of eBay for under $1 and free shipping so if they interest you they really are dirt cheap but be aware that shipping will most likely take longer than usual. 
          



No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...