Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How to Get YOUR Perfect Brow

I don't think anyone would disagree with me when I say that shaping your eyebrows is incredibly important and yet one of the most poorly executed beauty practices. I snapped this picture after I groomed my left eyebrow and you can see a major difference between the two. My left eye looks more awake and youthful while the one on the right looks smaller and tired. Before you break out your tweezers, I will warn you that the majority of the time women over pluck their brows which means that you may have to wait until your brows grow back in order to get the perfect brow. Until your brows are as thick as they need to be you can go ahead and just shape them in now then fill them in with powder. I have provided a diagram below which will make shaping your brows easy.



Step 1: Arrow to the far Right- Most people inwardly over pluck their brows which gives the appearance of far set eyes. However, you don't want a unibrow so using the side bridge of your nose, not the nostrils, draw and imaginary arrow straight up and that is where your brow should start. 

Step 2: Middle Arrow- Your arch is NOT suppose to be the center of your brow; on the contrary, the arch should be set further out. Using the base of your first imaginary line draw a second line diagonally out right along the outer portion of your pupil. This is where your arch should be and most peoples are naturally however over plucking can make you think otherwise.

Step 3: Left Arrow- Draw an imaginary line that shares the same starting point as the two previous arrows but have this one follow the outer corner of your eye. This will be the ending point for your brow.

Maintenance: Using a brow comb or a spulie, brush your brow hairs up and trim any extra length. You may only have to do this once every few weeks depending on how fast and how long your eyebrows grow. Then once a week use a magnified mirror to look for any hair that has grown outside of this shape and only pluck them. 

By following this diagram you will have amazing looking brows and you will also be able to avoid over plucking or over arching your brows. Clown brows are no good so put a stop to over plucking and wait the awkward week or so and wait until your brows grow in and you will be much happier in the long run.    

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...