Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Review: Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind

 As some of you may know, I've been scraping the sides of my Revlon Colorstay blemish concealer for months now but, after I bought this I felt comfortable letting it go. I haven't heard a lot about this product but the reviews that I have read were very positive. I finally decided that I was going to pick this up after I watched a video by Tiffany (click HERE to visit her channel). She raved about this product and it really convinced me that I needed to go out and give this a try and, to my surprise, it was actually amazing! This is extremely opaque. I am able to completely conceal the veins on the back of my hand with a small amount of product. I also like that this dries completely matte and there is no shimmer! Shimmer draws attention to areas so you want to make sure that your concealers are completely matte. Another property that I enjoy is that it really "grabs" your skin and stays where you put it without the use of any primers. However, there is one thing that I'm not crazy about...the tip. Although the puff at the top applies the concealer really evenly, I find it to be rather unhygienic. It's very easy to get concealer all over the cap and you have a big dirty mess. If they were to redesign this product I would recommend making the tip removable so it could be washed. Bacteria by your eye is never a good thing! Since the tip is not removable, I would only recommend applying this to a cleansed face, so no touching up throughout the day. All in all, I enjoy this product and am now tempted to try this concealer's matching foundation!

The dirty culprit...

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...