Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spring Nail Trend: Flaky Glitter Polish


FROM LEFT: "Flashy" on "Lincoln Park After Dark", "Flashy" on "Black Satin", "Twisted" on "Lincoln Park After Dark", and "Twisted on "Black Satin".



You might have noticed that companies have been releasing glitter polishes like crazy over the past few weeks and that's because glitter, specifically flaky glitter, is going to be a big nail trend for the spring and summer. I enjoy glitter polish as much as the next girl but flaky polish is in a realm of its own! The First thing that you will notice about flaky glitter polish is that it is indeed flakes. Every piece of glitter has its own irregular shape which creates an edgy look. The second aspect that I really enjoy about flaky polish is that the glitter is flat and less coarse which makes for an easy removal. Finally a glitter polish that doesn’t make you want to kill yourself when you think about taking it off! I have two
 different colors shown in these pictures, “Twisted” and “Flashy”. I purchased both of these at Sally’s Beauty Supply store for about $6. They have several different color combinations but I limited myself to just two; however, I will probably go back and pick up “Asylum” this sometime this week. To get the best possible look from you flaky polish I highly recommend applying it on top of a dark nail polish. In these pictures I used Rimmel’s “Black Satin” and O.P.I’s “Lincoln Park After Dark” as my bases. The first is a black and the second is a purple that turns almost black after two coats. No matter what color you choose, flaky polishes are beautiful! I hope you’re as excited to see more spring and summer trends as I am!

LEFT: "Flashy" on top of "Lincoln Park After Dark"
RIGHT: "Twisted" on top of "Black Satin"

"Twisted" has the most multicolored glitter. You see mostly green, blue, and orange. "Flashy" has more warm toned colors. You predominately see red, orange,  and yellow.






No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...