Friday, August 26, 2016

My Eyebrow Routine | Maintenance & Tutorial



     Are you sick of the 20 minute eyebrow routines on YouTube because I sure am! I work a lot...like an insane amount...and I don't have time to spend a ton of time perfecting my brows every morning. I just want to look presentable and professional. 

     There are a few things that I do on a bi-weekly to monthly basis that help me keep my brows in shape. I have particularly dark brows so about once a month I lighten mine a few shades. I have used a few different lightening kits over the years but the Sally Hansen kit is my favorite. Full disclaimer, this is bleach...close to your eyes...if you chose to do this be careful! I'm sure Sally Hansen doesn't recommend this but what can I say; I'm a rebel. 

     I will also trim and pluck my brows on an as needed basis. Do NOT over pluck! I already have a blog post on how to pluck your brows correctly. I'll link that HERE

     Now that the grooming aspect has been covered; let's talk about filling in your brows. I personally find pencils to be the fastest. Shadow is the most natural looking. Pomades and gels are the most time consuming and trickiest to master. Decide what your brow needs are and which product is the best fit for you. I personally have used all three and am currently obsessed with the powder for day-to-day use. If I am going out or going for a bold makeup look, I'll use the pomade. This gives a more defined brow. 

     Once I have finished filling in my brows, I like to use a clear gel to set the look. I have been using the e.l.f clear lash and brow mascara for years. It's bomb! Don't waste your money on expensive brow gels. I consider myself a bit of a makeup snob and I'm telling you, BUY THE CHEAP OPTION!

     Checkout my video to see how I fill in my brows and the techniques I use. It should not take you long to do your brows on a day-to-day basis. Nobody's got time for that! 

     Leave me a comment below letting me know what your favorite brow products are. Links to most of the products I mentioned in my video are below. See you all in my next video!

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...