Monday, October 17, 2011

All Time Favorite: Everyday Mascara


Bare Escentuals: Buxom Lash
I use this mascara almost every day! This has a rubber hourglass shaped applicator which in the beginning can contain slightly more product than you need but the more you use it the better it gets. I've experienced no problems with clumping because the short rubber "fingers" do a perfect job of separating the lashes and applying an even coverage to every lash.The formula is right between being a dry or wet formula which provides great coverage but doesn't smudge. The formula is vitamin-enriched which keeps my lashes hydrated and I've actually notices less lash fall-out over the past several months I've been using it. This product truly darkens, thickens, and separates lashes but keeps them natural looking...but more like natural looking false lashes! And, in case you were wondering this product is paraben and sulfate free! You can pick this up at Ulta or Sephora for $19. However, Sephora has several box-sets that contain this products and they retail between $19-$75. I really recommend trying one of the box-sets because they're a great way to try out new products.

Maybelline: One by One Volume Express (waterproof)
If you don't feel like spending $19 on a mascara or just want a waterproof one, Maybelline's One by One is very similar to the Buxom lash mascara. This does a great job of separating and coating lashes. Despite the fact that this doesn't do as good of a job as the Buxom lash mascara at lengthen and darkening it does do a far better job than any other drugstore mascara that I've tried. The only complaint that I have with this product is the applicator. Much like the Buxom lash mascara, this one also has a rubber applicator with a ton of tiny fingers but it's oval shaped. The convex shape makes it easy to get mascara on you eyelid. All in all, this is a must have mascara...I'm currently on my third tube!  

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...