Sunday, October 23, 2011

All Time Favorite: Eyeshadow Base


M.A.C: Paint Pot
As you might have noticed by now I'm not all about M.A.C. Aside from the expense factor, the closest M.A.C counter to me is over an hour away so my M.A.C collection is very small. I have to say that this is truly an affordable product from M.A.C and it's just beautiful. They offer paint pots in many different colors but I absolutely love this one, Soft Ochre, and I never hear anyone talk about it. This is a cool-toned pale beige color and it is just about a perfect match to my skin color. It has a buttery consistency and a matte finish. The coverage is amazing so even if you don't plan on wearing any eyeshadow you can use this to cover any discoloration or visible veins on your eyelid. I've personally never had a problem with any creasing but if you have oily eyelids I would recommend applying an eye primer first. You can pick this up at a M.A.C counter or order it from their website. Please do not buy M.A.C (or really any other brand) from Ebay or Amazon because there are a lot of really convincing fakes out there and you don't want to waste your hard earned money! This will set you back $17.50. 

elf: Duo Eye Shadow Cream
I love these and they're cheap as can be! These shadows work really well as bases because of their wet creamy texture. I will warn you that if you apply to much it will crease! However, I find that applying one to two thin layers gives enough color but if you want more color or have oily eyelids it would be in your best interest to apply an eye primer. There are a ton of colors that you can select from and once you've placed either a shadow or a translucent powder over top of them, they'll stay put all day. If you're lucky your local target might sell them but if not you can always purchase them online. Each duo retails for $1.00.

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...