Wednesday, October 19, 2011

All Time Favorite: Eyeshadow Brands


Urban Decay:
This was a difficult choice because I do have many favorite high-end eyeshadow brands but when it really came down to it Urban Decay is hands down the best in my opinion. There are so many reasons why I love these shadows but the main reasons are that 1) they are incredibly pigmented and typical are the same color on your eyelid as they are in the pan 2) they are some of the easiest shadows to blend and 3) they are pretty long wearing without an eye primer. I've only had fallout issues with a few of their shadows (typically its the glittery ones that give me problems). The shadows aren't chalky...they have a silk quality to them which is probably why they blend so easily. Urban Decay has over 50 single shadow shades in their permanent collection and they each retail for $17. Personally I prefer to buy a palette with several shadows for $50 than one shadow for $17. P.S. Urban Decay is a cruelty free company! You go U.D.!

Wet n' Wild:
Talk about an oh sh%^ pigmented eyeshadow! There is no doubt in my mind that Wet n' Wild could retail their eyeshadows in high-end stores if they would just fix the texture of their shadows. As I stated the pigmentation is amazing for most of their shadows and they blend easily; however, their shadows are on the chalky side. Some colors are better than others but in the end a lot of products gets waisted because of fallout. I've noticed that they tend to sell their shadows in trios or palettes rather than as singles which is fine with me. I've noticed that the sell about 6 individuals shades and I recommend getting all of them! I also really enjoy their trios which retail for $2.99. If you're looking for an everyday trio I recommend getting "walking on eggshells" (the one i have pictured).  

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...