Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nail of the Day: OPI Glitzerland and Orly Hair Band

I was feeling festive but I wanted to create a more understated Christmas look. I'm sure that I'll be rocking some tacky looking red and green colored nails closer to Christmas but for now I wanted something more classic. This is such a beautiful color combination and it reminds me of the red and gold Christmas decorations that my mom uses to decorate the tree.  
Orly's Hair Band is such a beautiful and unique glitter polish. There are tiny specks of black glitter that help create some definition and dimension to the look.

I layered Hair Band on top of OPI's Glitzerland for a more opaque look. Glitzerland is a gorgeous champagne-gold shimmery foil color. One of the qualities that I enjoy most about this polish is that it's more of a cool toned color which is rare in gold colored polishes. I really love this look and I dread taking it off...glitter polish is a pain to remove.

Shown above: OPI Glitzerland- 2 coats + Orly Hair Band- 1 coat


No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...