Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Christmas Makeup Look: 2014

I started packing for my trip home and I suddenly felt a wave of inspiration come over me. I planned my Christmas look a few days ago so I though I'd share it with you. I know what you're thinking, who the hell plans their makeup looks...me, okay! We all know I'm obsessed.

I want to go with something classic. What is more classic than beautiful porcelain skin and a bold red lip? Nothing. Photographed on the side are the products that I will be taking home with me. I will do my best to post some pictures of the look to my Instagram account. Click HERE to follow me on Instagram. 

I have been so in love with bold lips for the past few weeks and this Chanel color is one of my holy grail lipsticks. The Rouge Coco line is amazing! The lipsticks in this line are incredibly hydrating and  comfortable to wear. With that said, this is not the most long wearing lipstick that I own. To get the lasting power that I want, I pair this with a lip pencil. Lining your lips before you apply your lipstick is a great way to keep you edges looking sharp but also great for extending the lasting power of your lip color. You can go for a pencil and lipstick that are the same color but I personally like to pair ones that are in the same family but a couple shades apart. I find that doing this helps to add dimension to my lips.   

Since my lips are the main focus of the look, I wanted to keep the rest of the makeup clean and simple. This Chanel shadow in Emerveille is my go-to natural color. It's like a "your-lips-but-better" shade for your eyelids. There are only a handful of shadows that I wear and get compliments on in real life and this is one of them. I will say that the major downside to this product is that it dries out so quickly! I do have a solution to this but that will come in a later post. 

This eyeshadow and blush go together so well because they both have champagne colored undertones. The undertone in the blush creates a natural looking highlight on the cheeks. It leaves you with a nice glow rather than an intense highlight. 

Okay, I have to finish packing. Remember to check my Instagram for pictures and before you head over there, let me know what makeup you are planning on wearing Christmas day. Have a safe and happy holiday!!!

XOXO
Steph 

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...