Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2014 Beauty Favorites | My Top 10



Check out my video!

Once again, it is time for me to round up my favorite makeup products of the past year. I always find it so difficult to whittle down the seemingly never-ending list of products. When I'm creating my list, I find it useful to think of what items I've been taking with me when I'm traveling, repurchase before they run out, and reaching for consistently throughout the year. When I think about it like this rather than what products I was excited to use once they were released, it became a little easier and the list narrows. These might not be the most exciting products of the year but they were certainly my everyday staples. There is also a pretty nice combination of high end and drugstore products listed here. I promise, I didn't do that one purpose. These just happen to be the products that I would immediately run out and repurchase if I woke up and all my makeup was missing.

Revlon ColorStay Foundation: The formulation of this foundation is fantastic! It comes in two different formulations, normal/dry skin and oily skin. They both dry to a demi matte finish and stays put for hours. This is a medium coverage foundation that can easily be built up to full coverage.

M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural: I have very dry skin and this is my go-to powder foundation. When I apply this over my moisturizer, I get a very natural looking finish. Powder foundations are not the most forgiving product for people with my skin type but there is something about its formulation that makes it look simply beautiful.

Maybelline Dreamlumi Touch Highlighting Concealer: This product is seriously like a full nights sleep in a tube. This is the most amazing under eye concealer I have ever tried. It is a full coverage concealer that adds brightness and life back to your complexion. I've found that most "brightening concealers" really only do one or the other. This is the first one that I've found that does both well. Seriously, pick this up today if you've never tried it.

M.A.C Soft & Gentle Mineralized Skinfinish: This is such a beautiful highlighter for people with warm undertones. This is a fine shimmery (not glittery) powder that gives a beautiful candlelit glow to the skin.

NARS Blush in Desire: Talk about a versatile blush. This is an intensely pigmented blush that looks amazing on people with fair skin and dark skin. This gives a very youthful look. Imagine the color of your cheeks when you blush. It's that color! I've used it all throughout the summer and winter months and still can't get enough.

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte: If you watch my YouTube videos then you've probably seen me use this at least a dozen times. This pressed pigment is my favorite inner corner highlight.

Urban Decay NAKED Palette: The original will always be my favorite. If you have green or blue eyes then this palette will be your best friend. The gold and purples in here will make your eyes pop. There are 12 shadows in this palette. Two are matte and the rest are either shimmery or have fine glitter in them. Are are intensely pigmented and are true to color. The combination of light and dark shadows make it easy to put together great day and night looks.

Anastasia Brow Wiz: This is a completely idiot proof product. The one end has a thin rollup eyebrow pencil and the other has a dense spooly. If you overfill your brows, you can easily brush out some of the pencil strokes. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to do your brows in under a minute.

Rimmel Lipstick in 08: I stubbled across this lipstick early on in 2014 and I'm still obsessed with it. First of all, the color is amazing. This is my perfect "your-lips-but-better" color. It's close to that Kylie Jenner color that everyone is losing their mind over, only better. The formula is also amazing. I find that I don't often like drugstore lipsticks because the product either separates on the lips or slips around or generally just looks unappealing. This one is different. The formula is creamy and comfortable feeling on the lips but it still stays in place for hours. As the hours roll by, it fades properly. I've never experienced it looking blotchy.  Love, love, love!

Channel Rouge Coco Shine in 54 Boy: I like to think of this as a highly pigmented lip balm. It's not really a lipstick and it's not quiet a lip balm. This feels much like a lip balm on; but, it provides a "medium coverage" color and leaves an intense gloss look on the lips. This product is smooth and hydrating. You don't have to be very careful while applying this product which makes it a great on-the-go lip color.

These are my top 10 products of 2014! I hope you've enjoyed this post. Leave a comment letting me know what some of your favorites are.

xoxo,
Steph


No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...