Thursday, March 5, 2015

Review | NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

It's time for a product review! So I recently got the itch to pick up a new foundation and after having this one forced down my throat at Sephora, I decided to pick it up. After using this for about two weeks, I can confidently say that I want to love this, but it's not for me. It makes me think of Amy Poehler's "Yes Please" motto, "Good for you. Not for me." Let me give you a little bit of background about my skin. My skin has always been dry and sensitive. I have large pores on my cheeks and I'm prone to hormonal breakouts. This sounds so lovely. With this said, I was intrigued by this foundation because the word "luminous" is in it's name. I have a love hate relationship with this foundation. Let me breakdown the pros and cons.

PROS:                        CONS:
-Feels light                 -Not luminous 
-Non-irritating            -Emphasized imperfections
-20 shades                 -Not full coverage
-Doesn't oxidate
-Blends easily
-Doesn't easily crease
-Long wearing

I love the feel of the formula but it does NOTHING for my skin. From a distance, my skin looks very nice; however, if I look in a mirror, it looks pretty terrible. The following images are unedited. I have Smashbox Photo Finish Primer on under this foundation and that is it. I actually went out and purchased this primer specifically to used with this foundation. You can easily see my pores in these pictures so imagine how much worse it looked without the aid of a thick primer. I've applied this with my Beauty Blender. I found that this provided the best coverage and also helped to minimize the appearance of my pores. I also want you to note that you can very easily see my blemishes in both pictures. These spots really aren't that bad so I can only imagine how bad a real breakout would look. Personally, I think the formula is too thin for my skin. I love the way it feels and blends, but it doesn't do my skin any favors. With a $48 price tag, I will not be repurchasing. Be sure to check out my video review below and leave me a comment if you have used this foundation. I'm interested to hear what others with different skin types think of this product. 

No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...