Wednesday, August 26, 2015

DIY Gallery Wall

   
     I finally have my own office which means it's time to decorate! Let's admit it, we are all obsessed with Pinterest and I have been pinning non-stop since we bought our house. Lately I have been pinning a lot of gallery wall posts so I finally decided to make one. Artwork aside, I think this was a pretty inexpensive project.

     To start, I bought all my picture frames at Walmart for a couple bucks each. I found a layout on Pinterest that I was trying to recreate so I already had an idea of the sizes and amount of frames that I would need. I'd recommend holding onto your receipt though just in case you need to return or exchange any frames.
     While I was there, I also picked up three cans of spray paint. Out of those I only ended up using two. One was a metallic gold, the other a bright gold and the third was a glitter spray. After I started spray painting I decided to pass on the glitter paint. I chose to spray paint my frames because it was less expensive than buying gold frames. A little elbow grease never killed anyone! While I had the frames laid  out I put a post-it note one each frame saying what color I wanted it painted. After I did that, I took a picture so I could remember which frame went where after it was painted.
     Fun fact, I actually bought all the frames before I had the artwork for them. I had two greeting cards that I picked up from Francesca's that I really liked and decided to see if that card company offered any additional pieces of art. Thankfully, that company did and I bought a ton of pieces from them. All my art is from Papaya and it is so awesome! If you are in to hippyish/eclectic pieces, you need to check them out! They have a ton of great stuff.
     Once the frames were dry, I cut the pictures to fit and popped them on the wall. I used painters tape and a level to hang these. As far as mounting them to the wall, I used Command brand picture and frame hanging strips. I've used these in the past and love them because they do not destroy my walls. Overall, this project took me about three days to complete. You can certainly do it in two if you are motivated. Waiting for the frames to dry was definitely the worst part. I probably spent about $70 on frames and paint but you could certainly pick some frames up at a thrift store for dirt cheap. All-in-all, I'm very happy with the outcome and am excited to finish decorating my office. Keep checking back for more easy DIY projects.

xoxo
Steph



No comments:

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...