Saturday, August 8, 2015

I Bought A House!

BEFORE
     Well we bought a house. This has been so time consuming but so rewarding! I have been filming and photographing our journey with full intentions of making a video about the process. I don't feel like our house is ready just yet but it is getting there. Quite honestly, I don't think I'll ever think it is totally complete but I guess that is normal.
     Once we closed, our first priority was paint. We painted the whole house with the help of our friends and family. Not only did we paint the walls but we also painted the ceilings, doors and molding. It was painting overload. Let me tell you what, paint makes a big difference but it is also outlandishly expensive! We did luck out with available rebates and sales but still...hundreds of dollars on paint and painting supplies. I have also discovered that painting is my least favorite thing in the world. Maybe not the least but it is right up there with washing makeup brushes!
AFTER!!!
     I have also discovered that I have a love for power tools! Buying a house is really just an excuse to buy a half dozen saws...and a SUV...and/or truck. Ah I want so many things! The fist power tool that I picked up was a DeWalt sander. I was and still am in LOVE and am always looking for an excuse to use it. The prior owners loved chair rails and drywall anchors so I definitely got my use out of it. I'm actually quite surprised that I didn't burnout the motor.
     I'm very proud of all the work we have done so far. For first time buyers I think we're doing a pretty good job. Now that the most important rooms in the house have been completed, I can finally get some real work done in my office. I will finally have a space that I can create content in which is very exciting! This space will now give me the room I need to create more consistent content. We're coming into my favorite season so get ready for all the blog posts and YouTube videos! Thank you all so much for your ongoing support! It truly means the world to me!

XOXO,
     Steph



1 comment:

Stevie Storck said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see the house tour video. I've been loving all the sneak peeks you've posted on Instagram!

My Beauty Trash

Why is it that it's always all or nothing? Seriously?! It's been a hot minute since I filmed BUT I'm so happy that I had the opp...